Saturday 29 September 2012

Minecraft Modding Assets and Tools










 As you'll know if you read my first post, I'm working on some Minecraft mods at the moment. Simple ones, but mods nonetheless. I've been using these sprites and retexturing them using a much more advanced version of Microsoft Paint. It's free to download from http://www.getpaint.net/ and I highly recommend it. Some vital modding features such as tolerance, high RGB and HSV control and the ability to save images with transparent backgrounds make it quick and easy!



These last few images aren't the right size, but I still managed to use them for my mods. The ingot is the same for every ingot, just in different colours, the same goes for the ores and the cobblestone (which is the right size) can also be coloured brown for dirt. The diamond ore, you may have noticed, isn't very 'crisp' which is a prime example of where the tolerance feature in Paint.net comes in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment